9 solid reasons and factors to replace your Gutter System
- Cracks, holes, or rust spots
If there aren’t too many, or they aren’t too bad, such damage can be repaired with sealant and flashing, but if things are really bad you might want to replace your gutters before they get worse.
2. Broken fasteners
Repairing fasteners is always the first step, but if such problems keep occurring it may be time to replace your gutters.
3. Nails or screws on the groundFallen fasteners came from somewhere, and if enough fall, the weight of a heavy rain filled gutter can cause damage. Repair is always the first consideration, but sometimes replacement is the best choice.
4. Separated guttersIf your gutters don’t form a continuous channel, they won’t work. It is that simple.
5. Gutters pulling away from the roof this is often a sign of rotting fascia boards. Can they be repaired? Yes, but often times when things get this bad doing a full gutter replacement is more cost effective long term.
6. Sagging or improperly-pitched guttersThis type of problem can often be repaired, but if the problem persists, it may be time to do a gutter replacement.
7. Peeling exterior paintThis is an indication that your gutters are not channeling water to where they are supposed to. If this is the damage to your home that you can see, it is not unlikely there is more damage that you cannot see.
8. Dirt channels or pooling waterIf water is spilling over your gutters you are risking foundation damage, and gutter replacement is a minor expense when compared to foundation repair.
9. Flooded basementsGutters help flow water away from your house. If you have water in your basement, there is a good chance that water started on your roof.
The experts at Gutter Seattle offer high quality Gutter Replacements services.
Feel free to contact us for a no-obligation consultation.
More information in our blog posts here: